Senior Software Developer / Software Developer in Services
As a Senior Software Developer, you will have responsibility for the IPV system of microservices that support front end applications and automation workflows and together form the video-centric Curator suite of applications.
You will emphasise reliability, scalability and performance in the services that are used by thousands of users in challenging load environments. You will work closely with the rest of the Development team taking on an advisory role where your experience will play an important part in the design of solutions. You will also work with Product Management during feature design and implementation.
We would like to hear from you if you have passion for microservice technology which powers web applications and data processing. If you’d like to work with our team to deliver a first-rate media management solution this is the right role for you.
- Designing and implementing software solutions to challenges facing IPV, working closely with Product Management and Development team members.
- Actively maintaining and improving quality, reliability and performance of IPV microservices.
- Working for the benefit of stakeholders to ensure product capabilities and configuration are widely understood and product is easy to deploy.
- Working closely with QA part of the team creating and maintaining unit tests; helping to maintain test plans; correcting any deficiencies.
- Maintaining an excellent awareness of new and emerging technologies.
Core Skills Required
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working with distributed or microservices, including working with C#, .Net services with REST or SOAP APIs. Level of appointment will be commensurate with experience.
- Experience of product architecture, analysis and design.
- Good understanding of design for product delivery and configuration.
- Experience with cloud technologies would be beneficial.
- Experience of media-centric software and systematic use of metadata would be beneficial.
- Exposure to full product development lifecycle and experience with version control systems (GIT) and productivity tools (e.g. Jira).
- Ability to meet deadlines and work within a team environment is essential.